Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Spring Creek BBQ and a Smoked Chicken

Last week I ate lunch at Spring Creek BBQ with a ten dollar gift certificate from my Long Term Substitute job.

Usually, I base anything I write about concerning BBQ places on their sliced brisket.  Last week, however, it was a smoked chicken that was the protein of choice.


What struck me was that the chicken fell off of the bone ... literally.  The flavor was good and the smokiness penetrated the whole of the meat, but it paled in comparison to the beans.

The beans were well cooked and had just enough tooth left to them for texture.  Flavor was outstanding and needed nothing in the way of additional seasoning.

Was the meal as good as other BBQ joints in the area?  No, but it is good enough for a meal on a weekday.

Next time, it is the ribs or brisket.

Ciao,
Darrell

No comments: