Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Not Even a Good Rental Movie ... By Any Means

The Watch Poster

"The Watch" ... What a hunk of crapola.

I have been known to rent movies that are, by and large, plain old bad.
Not Baaadd ... or Wow! That was so bad! ... No I like those movies that take a bit to enjoy.
Ask my better half ... and you will find out that I lean toward movies that are poorly directed, poorly acted and grossly over hyped.

I went into this thinking that "The Watch" could be one of those movies I could enjoy.

How wrong I was.

The perpetrators ...
Ben Stiller ... a bit funny, some good acting chops.
Vince Vaughn ... another of those actors that can pull off some visual humor.
Jonah Hill ... Liked him in "Moneyball."
Richard Ayoade ... who is this guy?  Oh well, he is just trying to make a name for himself alongside some known actors ... I get it.

The victim ...
Me and anyone else that casts their eyes upon this steaming pile of offal that some elephant dropped from under his tail right before he slurped up that next trunkful of water ... no wait, the offal reference is too nice for this waste of studio money and about 20 minutes of my life that I will never get back.  No, this movie is a drip of pee down the side of a hot, sun-exposed urinal that just makes a stain against the porcelain as it dries.

This was one of those rare movies that I had to stop.  Not because I wanted to ... oh no ...  I HAD to stop it to prevent myself from losing IQ Points!

My advice to anyone thinking about renting this is that it is a block of time that can be better spent picking ones nose with a straight razor or arguing the finer points of belly button lint deposition methods.

Ciao,
Darrell

No comments: