Monday, July 21, 2014

No Junk June - The Aftermath

Well, the No Junk June has been put behind me and I have had a chance to reflect about what I learned.

What was it that I learned ... I learned that it is far easier to avoid fast food than I thought possible.
It is harder to eat healthy meals every meal of the day and have healthy snacks ... I never thought that I would get tired of a crisp Gala Apple, but I did.

I lost absolutely no weight during this month, but I did see my desire for crunchy, green veggies grow.

Was it worth the deprivation of fast food for the month ... you bet it was.

I tried new vegetables in new ways with different cooking methods.

I also know that I don't like some vegetables that I thought I might like.

I found several lettuce varieties that were, to me at least, downright noxious and not worth growing in my garden.  In fact, they get pulled up this week and tossed in the compost bin.  I do not like them Sam-I-Am.!

That being said, I am, however, going to eat more salads with ingredients that are rift with micronutrients and other amounts of necessary minerals that my body has been needing for years.  I might not be the ravenous beefeater that I thought all Texas Men needed to be, but I am getting a better, more sensible diet in this trade off of lifestyles.

Ciao!
Darrell

No comments: